For the video version of the episode (or for closed captions and translations), see YouTube:
NOTE: Apologies for the audio issues in this one, there was packet loss on Chris’s side that only was apparent once we finished. If you have questions about a specific question please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out on Twitter and I’ll do my best to clarify it!
Wondering what it’s like to take the dive and switch to Linux and CalyxOS at once? How does the recent push for vaccine mandates impact our journey towards privacy? This episode, we’re sitting down with Chris Blec to chat about his journey to Linux and CalyxOS, security and privacy in cryptocurrency, our thoughts on the privacy implications of vaccine mandates, and much more.
More about Chris Blec:
- Chris Blec’s guest profile – Chris Blec
- DeFi Watch – https://defiwatch.net/
- Proof of Decentralization podcast – https://anchor.fm/proof-of-decentralization
Chris Blec’s recommended tools to Opt Out:
- Privacy.com, a payment card aliasing service – https://privacy.com/
- Simple Login, an email aliasing service – https://simplelogin.io/
- Catch-all email addresses via ProtonMail – https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/catch-all/
This week’s project to help you Opt Out - Teddit:
- Teddit – https://teddit.net
- Git – https://codeberg.org/teddit/teddit
- My public Teddit instance – https://teddit.sethforprivacy.com
Opt Out’s Sponsors:
- Cake Wallet, an easy to use Monero mobile wallet – https://optoutpod.com/sponsors/#cake-wallet
- LocalMonero, an excellent and privacy-preserving way to buy and sell Monero – https://optoutpod.com/sponsors/#localmonero
- IVPN, an ethical, no-nonsense, non-logging VPN provider – https://optoutpod.com/sponsors/#ivpn
Supporting Opt Out:
- Donations – https://optoutpod.com/about/#donations
- Leave a review on your favorite podcast platform, if possible!
- Share it with your friends, family, and other communities!