For the video version of the episode (or for closed captions and translations), see YouTube:
Wondering why someone decides to do privacy education and research full-time? This episode, we’re sitting down with Sun Knudsen to chat about his education and research on privacy, funding in the privacy and FOSS spaces, and a little bit of macOS vs Linux.
More about Sun Knudsen:
- Sun Knudsen’s guest profile – Sun Knudsen
Sun Knudsen’s recommended tools to Opt Out:
- Tails, a portable operating system that protects against surveillance and censorship – https://tails.boum.org/
- Signal, an easy-to-use end-to-end encrypted messenger – https://signal.org/
- Yubikey, a hardware approach to multi-factor auth and key management – https://www.yubico.com/products/
- KeePassXC, a FOSS password manager – https://keepassxc.org/
- Veracrypt, an open-source tool for creating and managing encrypted volumes – https://www.veracrypt.fr/en/Home.html
- Trezor, an open-source hardware wallet for cryptocurrencies – https://trezor.io/
- Cold Card, an extremely secure Bitcoin hardware wallet – https://coldcard.com/
This week’s project to help you Opt Out - i2p:
- Website – https://geti2p.net/en/
- Getting started with i2p – https://geti2p.net/en/about/intro
- Official i2p client downloads – https://geti2p.net/en/about/intro
- i2p-zero, a lightweight i2p client – https://github.com/i2p-zero/i2p-zero
Opt Out’s Sponsors:
- Cake Wallet, an easy to use Monero mobile wallet – https://optoutpod.com/sponsors/#cake-wallet
- LocalMonero, an excellent and privacy-preserving way to buy and sell Monero – https://optoutpod.com/sponsors/#localmonero IVPN, an ethical, no-nonsense, non-logging VPN provider – https://optoutpod.com/sponsors/#ivpn
Supporting Opt Out:
- Donations – https://optoutpod.com/about/#donations
- Leave a review on your favorite podcast platform, if possible!
- Share it with your friends, family, and other communities!